Gmail has released an offline mode for all. In such a situation, now users will not need the internet to read or reply to any e-mail or to search any mail. This offline feature will be especially useful for those who are living in areas with poor internet connections. To use this mode, users have to go to mail.google.com.
Google has suggested bookmarking the Google link to get started. It is also worth noting that if your Gmail account is linked to a school or work account, then the administrator will need to change the settings. Others can follow the steps mentioned below.
Gmail Offline Steps
- Before going into the steps, let us also tell you that Google has said that the Gmail offline feature will only work in Google Chrome and it will work only when you are browsing in normal mode. That is, this feature will not work in incognito mode. Learn Steps:
- First, you have to go to mail.google.com.
- After that click on Settings in Inbox.
- After this, you have to click on the See All Settings option.
- After that click on the Offline tab.
- After this, you have to click on the Enable offline mail checkbox.
- After this Gmail will show you the new setting.
- From here you will be able to select how many days of emails you want to sync to Gmail.
- Google will show you how much space is left on your computer. Along with this, you will also show the option to keep offline data on the computer here. Apart from this, you will also get the option to delete all offline data from your PC.
- After this, you have to click on the Save Changes option and Gmail offline feature will be activated on your computer.