BGMI Banned :- After blocking several Chinese apps including PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PubG) two years ago over national security concerns. The Indian government has now blocked battle royale game Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) such as PUBG. Which has over 100 million users in India. our users.
Following a government order, tech giants Google and Apple blocked the BGMI gaming app from their respective online stores.
While there is no official government statement on the BGMI ban yet, here is a chronological description of how and why the BGMI game was removed from the Google and Apple app stores in the country.
In November 2020, it was first revealed that PUBG Mobile would be relaunched in India under the new entity ‘PubG Mobile India’.
A year after the ban on PUBG, South Korean game developer Crafton launched BGMI in 2021. Specifically for gaming enthusiasts in India.
In the same month, PUBG Studios and South Korean video game company Crafton registered PUBG India Pvt Ltd under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to relaunch PUBG Mobile in the country.
Following the data-sharing breach, Crafton released an update to address the data-sharing issue with China-based servers.
Crafton announced the launch of the BGMI game in May 2021. The game was finally released on July 2 for Android devices and on August 18 for iOS devices.
Also Read :- Popular VLC Media Player Banned in India
BGMI Banned :-
In one year, BGMI has crossed 100 million registered users.
Last year, Crafton said it invested nearly $100 million to improve India’s local video game, e-sports and entertainment startups to build a healthy gaming start-up ecosystem.
According to experts, in the so-called new avatar, BGMI was no different from the predecessor PUBG, with China-based Tencent still controlling it in the background.
In February this year, Prahar, a non-profit organization. Wrote to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Ministry of IT (MeitY) to block the Chinese app BGMI under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, as it violates India’s sovereignty and rights. It is a threat to the integrity, the defense of India, the security of the state and public order.
Following a government order, on July 28. The tech giants removed the popular battle royale game from their respective app stores.
However, this game can be played by users who have already installed the app.
During the company’s quarterly earnings call on Thursday. Crafton CFO Bae Dong-gyun said the company respects and understands the Indian government’s concern.
“We are running the service directly based on stringent data protection standards and monitoring. We will collaborate closely with the authorities to find ways for users in India to enjoy BGMI,” Dong-gyun said.